1. Who are we?
- Garkal International Limited ("Garkal International" or "we) with registered offices at
30 Crown Place,
London EC2A 4EB
provides executive search and recruitment services to permanent and interim positions for clients looking to recruit personnel for their businesses or candidates looking for a new position. We also provide related services, including talent mapping and research, compensation surveys, market intelligence, merger investigations and behavioural assessments.
We take the privacy of your personal data seriously. This policy:
- Sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- Explains how long we keep your personal data for
- Explains when, why and with whom we will share your personal data;
- Sets out the legal basis, we have for using your personal data;
- Explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested;
- Explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
- Explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us
3. What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect the personal data of the following types of people only to allow us to undertake our core business and ancillary activities:
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles;
- Prospective and live clients;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Our employees, consultants and temporary workers
Our business is to find skilled professionals who can be candidates for the positions that our client organisations need to fill or to provide the best possible employment opportunities that are tailored to you. We therefore need to collect the information necessary to identify you as a relevant professional in the first place, and then assess your eligibility for a specific opportunity through the different stages of recruitment. This information may therefore include:
Name and job title
Contact information, including phone number, email address, social media
Your CV (or career profile) and or competencies, skills, experience and education, professional qualifications and records
Your work history and current employment
Third party references
Your preferences, e.g. preferred country of employment, areas of interest and preferred ways to be contacted by Garkal International
Photograph and data that may be held on your professional profile available in the public domain, such as for example LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or corporate website.
We may also collect limited sensitive personal data about you that could be required by a potential employer, in the form of diversity data, and criminal record checks, or that could be relevant during the recruitment process, such as health status and immigration status. Please note though that we will only collect sensitive personal data from you, and make use of this data, for example by passing it on to the potential employer, once we have asked for and you have given us your explicit consent for this.
If you are a client, we need to collect and use information about you, or individuals at your organisation, in the course of providing you our services.
We need a small amount of information from our Suppliers to ensure that we can run our business and for the proper execution of the contract with our suppliers. We need contact details of relevant individuals at your organisation so that we can communicate with you. We also need other information such as your bank details so that we can pay for the services you provide (if this is part of the contractual arrangements between us).
4. Where do we collect your personal data from?
The following are the different sources we may collect personal data about you from:
- From you directly. This is information you provide while searching for a new opportunity and/or during the different recruitment stages, for example by replying to a job advert, or by posting the information to a job board
- From an agent/third party acting on your behalf. e.g. an Interim Management Company.
- Through publicly available sources, for example LinkedIn, or employers’ websites.
- By Reference or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer
5. How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to match your skills, work experience and technical and educational qualifications with relevant opportunities at a potential employer.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We follow good practice in aiming to keep personal data that we hold for the shortest relevant period, and also to make efforts to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
(a) Our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
(b) Legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
(c) Statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
(d) (Potential) disputes;
(e) If you have made a request to have your information deleted; and
(f) Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once, this is no longer needed.
7. Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your personal data with:
- The client who has a position to, fill, in order to determine with that client, whether you are a good fit for the available position
- Recruitment service companies working on behalf of our clients as part of the client’s recruitment process
We may also conduct checks on you to verify the information you have provided, and where we do this we may necessarily share your information with contacts referred to in the information you have provided to us. We do not outsource the verification process to third parties.
8. What legal basis do we have for using your information?
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate interest.Our legitimate interest in collecting and retaining your personal data is described below:
- We introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment, temporary worker placements, fixed term contracts and independent professional contracts. Collecting and processing personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
- In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs, we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
- To maintain, expand and develop our business, we need to record the personal data of prospective candidates, client contacts, referees, employees and suppliers.
If you are shortlisted as a candidate, then this may involve the processing of more detailed personal data, including sensitive data such as ethnicity and criminal record checks that you or others provide about you. In that case, we always ask for your specific consent before undertaking such processing.
9. What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
If you do not provide the personal data necessary, or ask us to stop processing your personal data, we may not then be able to match you with available job opportunities.
10. Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
No, we do not carry out automated profiling
Used by Google Analytics to store information on number of visits,first visit and most recent visit
Used by Google Analytics to record the timestamp of the moment the user enters the site
Used by Google Analytics to track when users leave the site
End of browser session
Used by Google Analytics to track where a visitor came from
12. Transfer of personal data
Garkal International will share your personal information with selected Third parties including:
- Clients (or a nominated party acting on behalf of our clients) for the purpose of introducing candidates to them or providing an ancillary service
- Candidates for the purpose of discussing job opportunities with them, the arranging of interviews and engagements
- Clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract Garkal International enter into with them or you
- Subcontractors including email marketing specialists, event organisers, payment and other financial service providers
- Garkal International may make use of the personal data Garkal International has collected from you to enable us to display our adverts to the correct targeted audience
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website
- Credit reference agencies, our insurance broker, compliance partners and other sub-contractors for the purpose of assessing your suitability for a role where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
The lawful basis for the third-party processing will include:
- Their own legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil their internal resourcing needs
- Satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor
- For the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation
- To fulfil their legal obligations.
The data that Garkal International collects from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”). It may be transferred to third parties outside of the EEA for the purpose of our services. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, our recruitment services and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Garkal will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although at Garkal International will do our best to protect your personal data, Garkal International cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Garkal International has received your information, Garkal International will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
13. What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold for you?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country. The rights below are based on current United Kingdom legislation and regulations:
- The right of access : as a data subject you may make a subject access request at any time to find out more about the personal data which Garkal International holds about you.
- The right to rectification : You are entitled to have your records amended if the personal data we hold is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure : this right enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for Garkal International to keep using it. However, there is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal data. When processing is restricted, Garkal International can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability: You can request the transfer of your personal data in a machine readable format if practicable.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- The right to withdraw consent: Even when you have given your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful).
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information, for example: baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or further copies of the same information. Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request, but if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
14. How will we contact you?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer one particular contact means over another please let us know.
16. How can you contact us?